TechLaB is a small boutique law firm that provides legal services to companies, mainly in the technology sector. TechLaB only does “tech law” as we believe our clients only deserve the highest quality in service and one is only good at what one is expert in. And technology law is what we do and are best at.
TechLaB advises in English (fluent), French (fluent), Dutch (native) and German (working knowledge), on:
- All types of (technology) agreements (licensing/support/services/cloud/ SaaS/PaaS/OEM/source code/distributorship/reseller/transfer of IP, etc)
- Open source clients/projects
- General legal advice on Internet law/e-commerce/IP-IT
- Labor law (employee structuring and restructuring in EMEA and APAC)
- Compliance programs and training in the field of privacy law, anti-corruption (FCPA and UK Bribery), cookie policies, website policies, code of conduct, etc.
Managing Partner Erik Daems, an Attorney at Law/Advocaat/Avocat/Rechtsanwalt, has nearly 20 years of professional experience advising many multinational (technology) companies, first as an attorney at Baker & McKenzie and Covington & Burling, then during an in-house role at Serena Software, Inc. and affiliates, and presently as outside counsel of several technology companies (both US publicly listed as well as European technology SME's). The aforementioned blend of high-standard legal expertise, combined with a practical, hands-on approach that is used to navigate companies fast and secure through challenging legal - and business negotiations, assists TechLaB’s clients in getting the deal done.